What Does This Policy Cover?
This Policy covers how ROEC treats personal information that ROEC collects and receives. This includes information related to your use of ROEC website and services, and information about you that is personally identifiable – such as your name, address, email address, company information, phone number and skype id.
The website contains links to other sites. ROEC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these sites and this Policy does not apply to the practices of those companies that are not affiliated with ROEC.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide
When you register for a ROEC event or the NEWSLETTER form on our website, ROEC collects what is generally called “personally identifiable information,” “personal information,” or “personal data.” All these terms refer to information that specifically relates to or identifies a particular individual. Personal information also includes information that when linked to other information identifies a specific individual.
When you visit ROEC website, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Consult your device’s web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
“Automatically Collected” Information
When you visit ROEC website, we automatically record certain information about your requests and interactions with the website, including information from your device, by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons” or APIs. This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you visit ROEC website, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the ROEC website, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use of the ROEC website. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages we send you, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
If you use our Service, we may receive your generic location (such as city or country) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device. We use geoip database lookups to determine the country you are located in, in order to better understand where our website visitor base is located. This is strictly used as statistical information for internal use only.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the ROEC website.
- We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our visitors, to improve the ROEC website, and to develop new features and functionality.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (i) personalize your web experience, such as remembering your page settings; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the website and third party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the website.
Sharing Or Disclosing Information
Information about our customers is not an important part of our business. We share or disclose customer information only as described below. We do not sell your personal data to unaffiliated third parties for marketing or promotional use. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers that provide web hosting, events and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. However, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. In addition, they agree by contract to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state or federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the website or any facilities or equipment used to make the website available, or (v) protect our property or legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. ROEC also reserves the right to display targeted advertisements based on personal information.
Information Retention Policy
Except when we believe we are required to retain your personal information by law, we will only retain your personal information during the period in which you use the Service until the later of May 25, 2020 or two years after you have ceased using the service.
We may retain information that is encrypted or otherwise not personally identifiable for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you are in the European Union, you may have the legal right to erasure of your personal data. To exercise that right, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether or not you are in the EU, if you wish to access, change or delete personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com.
In addition, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we not disclose your personal information to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks on our behalf, such as data processors).
If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period.
The ROEC website is intended for an adult audience, although it may be used by children as it does not contain any age limit materials. However, if you are under 18, you may use the the ROEC website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. ROEC does not knowingly obtain or retain personal data from children under 18.
Confidentiality And Security
ROEC website features security measures including 256-bit SSL encryption to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information placed under our control. ROEC limits internal access to your personal information to employees who we reasonably believe require this information in order to do their jobs or to provide products and services to you. We use reasonable and appropriate measures to help protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on our website or via email, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
International Users and Data Transfers
The ROEC website is hosted in the United States but its legal entity is located in Romania. The service is intended for users located both within and outside the United States. If you choose to visit the ROEC website from the European Economic Area (EEA) or other countries that have laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing. Note that there are risks to permitting such transfers, as the laws of the U.S. or other jurisdictions may not provide you with privacy guarantees, remedies, or other protection equivalent to those of the EEA or the country where you are located.
Modification Of This Policy