Please join Romania Energy Center (ROEC) for the second event (from a series of 4 that will take place this fall) dedicated to ROEC’s latest Special Report titled “NATO Warsaw Summit and Beyond”. The Report is the flagship analytical output of a consistent research and analysis effort conducted over the period June – September 2016, and exploring the implications of decisions taken at the Warsaw Summit in July, as well as monitoring the dynamic of subsequent select events with significant potential impact. The Report covers 5 topics: NATO’s access-denial problem after Warsaw, NATO missile defense in Europe, Nuclear Deterrence today, Russia’s reactions, and Turkey’s role in NATO.
The Special Report was co-authored by an interdisciplinary team of experts:
- Eugenia Gusilov (Report editor, economic focus)
- Octavian Manea (Research Associate at ROEC, international affairs and security focus)
- Iulia Joja, PhD, independent Euro-Atlantic security expert
- George Visan (Research Associate at ROEC, military focus)
- Stefan Popescu (PhD, Sr. Analyst at ROEC and Associate Professor at SNSPA, foreign affairs focus)
- Eliza Gheorghe (PhD, Sr. Analyst at ROEC, nuclear deterrence focus)
- Liviu Tatu (PhD, independent security expert)
- Armand Gosu (PhD, Sr. Russia Expert at ROEC and Associate Professor at Bucharest University)
The event will take place on Wednesday, October 19, 2016, at the Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi (UAIC) and is open to the public.
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Time: 12-2 pm
Venue: Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi (UAIC) ,Ferdinand Hall
Working language: Romanian
Organizer: Romania Energy Center (ROEC) in partnership with the Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi (UAIC)
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the second in a series of 4 events dedicated to the project.
Next events are due on November 4 (Cluj University) and the closing event – TBD (Bucharest University).
Read the Full Report (72 pages) HERE